Fire Destroys Downtown Restaurant - KAUZ-TV: Newschannel 6 Now | Wichita Falls, TX

Fire Destroys Downtown Restaurant

Fire investigators said a fire that broke out in a downtown restaurant just before 11 p.m. last night was accidental.

The owner of Casa Manana told Newschannel 6 he believes it started in the back of the building. The fire was so big, it shut down the 600 block of 8th street.

It also caused damage to the building next door. That business used to be the 8th St Shine Parlor.

According to Wichita Falls Fire Department Battalion Chief Steve Paulson, investigators said the blaze was likely started by a fire that burned there earlier. Staff said they used a fire extinguisher to put out a fire in a piece of kitchen equipment. Investigators believe that fire may have smoldered behind a wall before re-igniting.

Thirteen units battled the blaze from 11:50 p.m. until 12:30 a.m., 30 firefighters helped in the fire. Paulson said damages total around $250,000.

 

 

Powered by Frankly