ESCAPE FROM ANNEX: Three Arrested for Helping Escapees

Jonathan Borque
Jonathan Borque
Stacey Brackeen
Stacey Brackeen
Jeffrey Johnston
Jeffrey Johnston

Three people are in jail tonight, accused of helping three of four inmates in their getaway from the Wichita County Jail Annex.

35-year-old Jeffrey Scott Johnston was arrested and charged with Facilitating Escape.  22-year-old Jonathon Gary Borque was also arrested and charged with Facilitating Escape.  20-year-old Stacy Ann Brackeen was arrested and charged with four counts of Felony Escape.  She also has a charge of Burglary of a Habitation in Clay County.

The search continues for the last inmate who escaped from the Wichita County Jail Annex.

Wichita County Deputies are still following up on leads.  Devontae Deshaun Combs aka Diontae Hunley aka Deontae Deshaun Huntley, is described as a black male, 5'7" tall, 180 lbs., black hair and brown eyes.  His date of birth is 03-21-1991. He was in jail on an assault family violence charge and also a drug conviction.

A search extended through the night searching for the fourth escapee.  Deputies are still following up on leads and have already made numerous contacts.  While searching for the subject in the downtown area, Sheriff David Duke and Deputy Melvin Joyner discovered a working drug lab. That investigation was turned over to the Wichita County District Attorney's Drug Task Force.

Wichita County Sheriff David Duke confirms to Newschannel 6 three of the four escaped inmates have been captured. The inmates escaped from the Wichita County Jail Annex Thursday morning through the roof.

Deputies captured 19-year-old James Thomas McClendon. He is a white male, 5'8", 180 lbs. with blond hair and blue eyes. He had been locked up since June 21, 2010 on burglary of a vehicle charges and is currently awaiting trial.

22-year-old Jimmy Noel Hughes has also been captured. He was serving a sentence for aggravated sexual assault of a child.

Deputies caught 22-year-old Daniel Cecilio Ramos. He is a Hispanic male, 5'7", 200 pounds. He was awaiting trial on criminal mischief charges and had been locked up since June 27, 2010.

Members of the James Allred Prison Unit began tracking three of the escapees after their tracking dogs picked up a scent in Clay County.   Several hours later, with the assistance of a Texas Department of Public Safety Helicopter, two of the subjects were taken into custody.  A short time later, a third escapee was taken into custody near the same area.  All three were charged with Felony Escape in addition to their additional charges.

Sheriff David Duke says the four inmates were last accounted for between 6 and 6:30 a.m. when breakfast is served.

They were discovered missing at shift change at 7 a.m.

Sheriff Duke says this was a highly planned escape. He says they got out through bars in the top of the jail. Sheriff Duke says the last escaped inmate is considered dangerous. He does not know if he is armed. All weapons at the jail are accounted for.

The escapees stole a white 2000 Ford F-150 with Texas license plate number 2LC-M24.  That truck was recovered by Clay County Sheriff's Deputies at the S & S Grocery Store in Clay County at 8:30 a.m. Thursday. The store is just a few miles from where the inmates were taken into custody Thursday afternoon.

The Wichita County Jail Annex is still on lockdown. Several inmates were moved out of the facility following the jailbreak Thursday. We're asking whether the jail is secure, following yesterday's escape.

Vernon College Skills Training Center was also locked down until 5 p.m. Thursday.

Members of the Wichita County Sheriff's Office, the James Allred Prison Unit, the Texas Department of Department of Public Safety, the Texas Rangers, the Wichita Falls Police Department, the Burkburnett Police Department, the Iowa Park Police Department, the Wichita County District Attorney's Office, the Wichita County Constables office, the Clay County Sheriff's Office, the Archer County Sheriff's Office, the Montague Sheriff's Office, the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department and the U.S. Marshall's Service assisted in the search.

We will continue to follow this story closely, stay with