Man Admits To Accidentally Setting Fire To His Garage

Our crews were on the scene of a blaze Monday afternoon, and the homeowner says it was his fault a garage apartment caught fire.

Flames erupted around 3pm Monday in the 1900 block of 11th Street. Newschannel 6 crews talked to the man who owns the garage apartment. He told us he was trying to get rid of stickers in the back alley with a mixture of Round-up and gasoline. The owner told us that he then set the chemicals on fire and flames spread to the garage apartment.

It sustained too much damage to be repaired. The structure will have to be torn down.