Shortly after Texas Nite Life closed Saturday night, a fire destroyed the building.
The fire started in the back of the building, it was a storage area. Still, the entire building was affected by the flames.
"It's my life, since I was probably about 10 or 11," said Quincy Rutledge, son of Texas Nite Life owner Race Rutledge.
Rutledge is still in a state of shock about the loss of a place he grew to love.
"Everything is ruined. The whole place is ruined," he said.
Though there isn't any visible damage in the front of the building, it is there. The smoke and fire that started in the back broke through to the rest of the structure.
'It was closing time and we were just wrapping things up. We had locked the front doors and we had noticed smoke coming from the back of the building," said Quincy's wife Theresa.
"We tried to get to it to put it out, but the heat was too intense," said Rutledge.
An hour and a half later, Theresa and the rest of the employees saw only charred remains. They're also trying to figure out how the fire started.
"We feel that maybe something started the fire between these two buildings on the ground and that's how it got started," said Theresa.
A building once filled with life, now sits lifeless off Highway 79. The doors locked shut, the lights off for good, but one thing the fire didn't destroy is their spirits.
"Texas Nite Life is never going to die even though our building did," she said.
Owners had no insurance on the building. They do plan on rebuilding sometime, but it will be a while before that happens. Friends and co-workers are looking to create a benefit to raise money, as of now there is not set date.
The fire is still under investigation. It took eight units and 22 firefighters to get the blaze under control. Three firefighters suffered minor injuries. Fire officials estimate the damage could be around $150,000.
Crystal Hall News Channel 6