Wichita Falls House Fire Leaves 4 Families Displaced

Fire officials say an improperly discarded cigarette is to blame for a house fire in Wichita Falls Sunday morning that left more than one family looking for a place to stay. The fire broke out around 9:45a.m. in the 2000 block of Jones.

3 apartments were a part of the structure that was one fire. Wichita Falls Fire Department Officials said the flames caused about $20,000 in damage.

The fire was contained to 1 room in the house but the entire home suffered smoke damage. The families that lived there received Red Cross assistance.