Update On Bank Robbery In The Falls


Newschannel Six has obtained the affidavit on the man who confessed to robbing a downtown Wichita Falls Wells Fargo.
The robbery happened at the bank on 8th street Monday afternoon.
The teller told officers 25 year old Terrance Oliphant approached the window and laid a hand written note on the counter. The note said he was robbing the bank and threatened to "kill everyone".
The teller said that as soon as Oliphant had the money, he placed it inside the envelope with the gun and fled on foot.
Officers arrested Oliphant at an apartment complex Tuesday.
He confessed to robbing Wells Fargo and led police to a location where several items of evidence were recovered.
He is charged with Aggravated Robbery.


Late Tuesday evening, Wichita Falls Police Department Public Information Officer Sgt. Joe Snyder said an arrest has been made in the Wells Fargo Bank Robbery.

Snyder said Terrance Oliphant, 25, was taken into custody from an apartment in the 5200 Block of Professional Drive in the late afternoon hours.

We have the latest details following the bank robbery of the Wells Fargo Bank in downtown Wichita falls. Police say Oliphant displayed the butt of a handgun to the teller and then handed her a note demanding an undisclosed cash amount. Officers rushed to the scene, but the robber had made off with the cash.

Oliphant faces Aggravated Robbery charges.


Newschannel 6 has learned Wichita Falls police are searching for a bank robber.

Police told Newschannel 6 a suspect robbed the Wells Fargo in the 800 block of 8th Street in Downtown Wichita Falls just after 12 p.m. Monday.

Police said the suspect went into the lobby of the bank and "displayed a weapon." Police said the bank robber was able to get away with an unknown amount of cash.

The suspect is described as a black man standing about 5'8" with a skinny build. He was wearing a black hat, black shirt and gray or khaki color pants. Police said the man had a band aid on the right side of his neck. They say it could possibly be covering up a tattoo or a scar.

Police said he was last seen heading west on 8th St. No one was injured during the robbery.

Police have contacted the FBI to help with the investigation. Officers said that is standard protocol.

When the robbery happened, business owners filled the streets to see what was happening. "It's right here in our neighborhood," said Variety Foods Cafe owner Wesley Holmes.

Holmes said he is worried by the robbery. "I just believe that we need to be cautions because it can happen anywhere, if it happened there it can happen here and we need to just keep our eyes open," he said.

He takes comfort knowing that his downtown business neighbors have his back and keep an eye out for him. "We've all got each other's numbers and can call if something is happening," he said.

Newschannel 6 is following this investigation for any new developments.

Paul Harrop, Newschannel 6