2011-2012 MSU Budget Approved Without Layoffs - KAUZ-TV: Newschannel 6 Now | Wichita Falls, TX

2011-2012 MSU Budget Approved Without Layoffs

The MSU Board of Regents have concluded the university will be able to meet the now-approved 2011-2012 budget without layoffs.

The Board is also moving forward on planning for additional campus housing, allowing site and financial studies, and a request for architect selection qualifications to be added to the planning agenda.

The funds for the June sale of the Harvey House property, located on Hamilton Blvd., were also distributed amongst campus departments. 93% of the earnings will be transferred to a board-restricted account designed for student development efforts at the university. The remaining 7% will be retained to establish a quasi-endowment fund, named after Frank and Nancy Harvey.

Also, the Board approved the name-change of a university home, located in the 4000 block of Taft Blvd., to "Fraternity Commons."

  • News HeadlinesNewsMore>>

  • Trump: I'm not considering firing special counsel Mueller

    Trump: I'm not considering firing special counsel Mueller

    Sunday, December 17 2017 12:09 PM EST2017-12-17 17:09:51 GMT
    Monday, December 18 2017 1:43 AM EST2017-12-18 06:43:34 GMT

    President Trump is poised to bask in the triumph of his first major legislative victory with the likely passage of tax legislation this week.

    President Trump is poised to bask in the triumph of his first major legislative victory with the likely passage of tax legislation this week.

  • Special counsel obtains thousands of Trump transition emails

    Special counsel obtains thousands of Trump transition emails

    Sunday, December 17 2017 3:19 AM EST2017-12-17 08:19:20 GMT
    Monday, December 18 2017 1:42 AM EST2017-12-18 06:42:31 GMT

    Several people familiar with President Donald Trump's transition organization say special counsel Robert Mueller's team gained access to thousands of private emails sent and received by Trump officials before his administration began.

    Several people familiar with President Donald Trump's transition organization say special counsel Robert Mueller's team gained access to thousands of private emails sent and received by Trump officials before his administration began.

  • A CDC ban on 'fetus' and 'transgender?' Experts alarmed

    A CDC ban on 'fetus' and 'transgender?' Experts alarmed

    Saturday, December 16 2017 7:49 PM EST2017-12-17 00:49:07 GMT
    Monday, December 18 2017 1:41 AM EST2017-12-18 06:41:25 GMT

    Health leaders say they are alarmed about reports that officials at the nation's top public health agency are being told not to use certain words in official budget documents, including "fetus," and "transgender.".

    Health leaders say they are alarmed about reports that officials at the nation's top public health agency are being told not to use certain words in official budget documents, including "fetus," and "transgender.".

Powered by Frankly