Portable Grill To Blame For French Quarter Fire - KAUZ-TV: Newschannel 6 Now | Wichita Falls, TX

Portable Grill To Blame For French Quarter Fire

At about 9 a.m. Friday, firefighters responded to call for a fire at French Quarter Apartments in Wichita Falls.

W.F. Fire Marshall, David Collins, says a portable grill on the patio started the flames on the second story. It then spread to the first floor.

Seven units responded to the fire, which they had out in just a few minutes.

No one was injured.

  • News HeadlinesNewsMore>>

  • Charges, insults fly after Trump aide assails congresswoman

    Charges, insults fly after Trump aide assails congresswoman

    Friday, October 20 2017 4:12 AM EDT2017-10-20 08:12:41 GMT
    Saturday, October 21 2017 6:13 AM EDT2017-10-21 10:13:48 GMT

    White House chief of staff John Kelly delivered a raw and searing monologue Thursday about the reality and pain of war sacrifice, praising those who serve and summoning the 2010 death of his own son to defend President Donald Trump against accusations of insensitive outreach to a grieving military family.

    White House chief of staff John Kelly delivered a raw and searing monologue Thursday about the reality and pain of war sacrifice, praising those who serve and summoning the 2010 death of his own son to defend President Donald Trump against accusations of insensitive outreach to a grieving military family.

  • WSC employees publish 'Why Bullying?' book

    WSC employees publish 'Why Bullying?' book

    Friday, October 20 2017 9:25 PM EDT2017-10-21 01:25:09 GMT
    WSC employs wrote a second book to bring awareness to bullying and its impact on people. (Source: KAUZ)WSC employs wrote a second book to bring awareness to bullying and its impact on people. (Source: KAUZ)

    A corporation that employs people with disabilities also empowers them through writing books.  

    A corporation that employs people with disabilities also empowers them through writing books.  

  • Customers help reopen Nocona restaurant

    Customers help reopen Nocona restaurant

    Friday, October 20 2017 7:42 PM EDT2017-10-20 23:42:09 GMT

    A popular Nocona restaurant is serving up food once again after shutting down from fire damage. Bear's Den Diner caught fire two months ago after a trailer only feet away caught fire and heavy winds spread it to the restaurant. Bear Weller, the owner, said the only reason his kitchen is open is that of his customers. 

    A popular Nocona restaurant is serving up food once again after shutting down from fire damage. Bear's Den Diner caught fire two months ago after a trailer only feet away caught fire and heavy winds spread it to the restaurant. Bear Weller, the owner, said the only reason his kitchen is open is that of his customers. 

Powered by Frankly