Officers believe a convicted sexual offender and member of the Texas Ten Most Wanted Fugitive List is in Lawton, OK. Officials are searching Gwen Komahcheet, also known as "Bitty Bot" and Chief". Komacheet is a member of the Comanche Nation of Oklahoma.
Officials believe Komacheet is in Lawton, because he has family in the Lawton area, he frequently visits casinos and they have received tips that he has been seen on the Indian reservation in Lawton.
Komahcheet was released from prison after serving 24 years of a 75 year sentence for aggravated rape with a firearm. He has been on the run since 2004. Harboring a fugitive can lead to state and/or federal charges, with sentences varying from five to 10 years in prison. Anyone found to have been helping Komahcheet avoid arrest will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
· In Texas, Komahcheet is wanted for a parole violation.
· In Oklahoma, he is wanted for failure to register as a sex offender.
· Komahcheet also has a federal warrant issued by the Bureau of Indian Affairs.
Click the link below for more information:
Anyone with information can provide anonymous tips in three different ways:
· Call the Crime Stoppers hotline at 1-800-252-TIPS (8477).
· Text the letters DPS-followed by your tip-to 274637 (CRIMES) from your cell phone.