House Fire on 8th Street - KAUZ-TV: Newschannel 6 Now | Wichita Falls, TX

House Fire on 8th Street

A local house caught fire this morning around 9 O'clock.

According to Wichita Falls Fire Marshal David Collins the single-alarm fire on the 2400 block of 8th street was an accidental fire. They have narrowed down the cause to either a failed extension cord or a candle warmer.

Marshall Collins says, "There was some structural damage to the house, about $10,000 to $12,000 in damage."

Fire officials had the fire under control in about 10 minutes. No one was in the home when it caught fire. No one was injured from the blaze.

Powered by Frankly