Wildfire Aid for Clay and Montague County - Newschannel 6 Now | Wichita Falls, TX

Wildfire Aid for Clay and Montague County

Montague and Clay county have both been approved for FEMA Infrastructure Assistance.

The Public Assistance Grant Program helps to reimburse the state and its agencies, local governments and certain nonprofit organizations for the costs of removing wildfire debris from the public right of way. It also goes towards reimbursing local emergency responders who took measures to protect lives and property before the blaze.

Under the fund, FEMA obligates the state to 75% of the costs while applicants pay for the other 25%.

The other 12 counties approved for FEMA Infrastructure Assistance are Briscoe, Coryell, Edwards, Hall, Howard, Kimble, Menard, Nolan, Sutton and Wise.

  • News HeadlinesNewsMore>>

  • breaking

    Trump cancels North Korea summit

    Trump cancels North Korea summit

    Thursday, May 24 2018 9:50 AM EDT2018-05-24 13:50:52 GMT
    Thursday, May 24 2018 9:58 AM EDT2018-05-24 13:58:12 GMT

    "Sadly, based on the tremendous anger and open hostility displayed in your most recent statement, I feel it is inappropriate, at this time, to have this long-planned meeting," according to a statement released by the White House on Thursday.

    "Sadly, based on the tremendous anger and open hostility displayed in your most recent statement, I feel it is inappropriate, at this time, to have this long-planned meeting," according to a statement released by the White House on Thursday.

  • North Korea slams Pence as summit with Trump grows shakier

    North Korea slams Pence as summit with Trump grows shakier

    Wednesday, May 23 2018 8:51 PM EDT2018-05-24 00:51:44 GMT
    Thursday, May 24 2018 9:52 AM EDT2018-05-24 13:52:54 GMT
    (AP Photo/Ahn Young-joon). Women protesters stage a rally for peace on the Korea peninsular near U.S. Embassy in Seoul, Wednesday, May 23, 2018. U.S. President Donald Trump labored with South Korea's Moon Jae-in Tuesday to keep the highly anticipated U...(AP Photo/Ahn Young-joon). Women protesters stage a rally for peace on the Korea peninsular near U.S. Embassy in Seoul, Wednesday, May 23, 2018. U.S. President Donald Trump labored with South Korea's Moon Jae-in Tuesday to keep the highly anticipated U...
    A top North Korean official says recent comments by U.S. Vice President Mike Pence were "stupid" and "ignorant" and again warns the country is willing to pull out of a planned summit with Trump.
    A top North Korean official says recent comments by U.S. Vice President Mike Pence were "stupid" and "ignorant" and again warns the country is willing to pull out of a planned summit with Trump.
  • Airmen used LSD at nuclear missile base, Air Force records show

    Airmen used LSD at nuclear missile base, Air Force records show

    Thursday, May 24 2018 9:41 AM EDT2018-05-24 13:41:03 GMT
    Thursday, May 24 2018 9:45 AM EDT2018-05-24 13:45:08 GMT

    A report by the Associated Press revealed at least six airmen guarding some of the world’s most powerful nuclear missiles were buying, distributing or using the illegal hallucinogen LSD.  

    A report by the Associated Press revealed at least six airmen guarding some of the world’s most powerful nuclear missiles were buying, distributing or using the illegal hallucinogen LSD.  

Powered by Frankly