Afternoon House Fire In Wichita Falls - KAUZ-TV: Newschannel 6 Now | Wichita Falls, TX

Afternoon House Fire In Wichita Falls

A home caught fire Thursday afternoon in Wichita Falls.

Wichita Falls Fire Marshall David Collins said the fire was on the 3100 block of 32nd Street around 3:00 PM. He said the home sustained $25,000-$30,000 worth of damage.

Fire officials say the accidental fire was caused by a plug-in scented candle near clothes.

The displaced family of three was not at home during the blaze and is being helped by the Red Cross. Fortunately, the home is not a total loss and only took minutes to be extinguished.

Powered by Frankly