Newschannel 6 has confirmed new information about the French Quarter Apartment fire.
Wichita Falls Assistant Fire Marshall Antoinette Hastings gave a clearer picture of what caused Sunday's fire.
Antoinette Hastings said an ember got through a gap between the flue of the apartment's chimney to start the blaze.
Firefighters were able to contain the flames to the attic above the apartments. The only damage to the apartments was water and smoke.
A Wichita Falls Firefighter twisted his knee while fighting the fire but he did not need medical attention.
We also know the fire occurred in Building #2. Wichita Falls fire crews were called to the French Quarter apartments near Midwestern Parkway and Seabury just after 9 Sunday night. Multiple units were on the scene with 30 firefighters to try and get those flames under control.
The flames were contained to one side of that building. Firefighters say the fire was out around 11 Sunday night.
The American Red Cross is providing aid to residents who need it. Officials say 12 apartments were affected by the fire.
Officials are still figuring the cost of the blaze.
Residents can now return to their homes to get their belongings.