Workforce Solutions North Texas is a private, non-profit agency, that provides employment-related services to employers and job seekers.
Its mission is to place North Texans in jobs and to equip workers with skills that foster economic development.
The agency is led by a local board of 29 volunteer members, whom mostly come from private industries. It is part of a statewide system of non-profit, local boards which receive funding from the U.S. Department of Labor through the Texas Workforce Commission. The boards set policies and oversee expenditures of funds in their individual areas.
For job seekers, some of the services they offer, at no charge, include:
- Job search assistance
- Job readiness workshops
- Self-help computer software for learning to type, preparing a resume, learning programs such as Word, Excel, or Power Point, and SAT and ACT test preparation
- Access to local and long distance phone service
- Internet access to job, educational, and resource information
- Unemployment insurance information
For employers, some of the services provided, at no cost, include:
- Office space for job interviews
- Brokering pre-employment services, such as drug and alcohol testing
- Computer lab access for training employees
- Pre-screening tests, such as keyboard testing
- Labor market information
- Assistance during a period of downsizing
Information about legal issues of interest to employers (equal employment opportunity, American Disabilities Act, pay day laws, etc.)
Workforce Solutions North Texas provides services to employers and job seekers in the following counties:
Workforce centers are located in Wichita Falls, Bowie, Graham and Vernon. Services are available at no charge.
All centers are open Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
The Wichita Falls office stays open until 8:00 p.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
For those counties that don't have a workforce center office, the agency operates a mobile workforce center. A Program Specialist travels to those areas, equipped with computers and a fax machine, to help job seekers or employers wishing to fill a vacancy.
For those with disabilities, auxiliary aids and services are available upon request. For information about the mobile unit's schedule please call 940-322-1801 or 1-800-333-8411.
To find more information on services in your area, click on their website.