Two fun events are coming soon to help raise money for children's cancer research.
Skate For A Cure:
- Date: Monday night, June 18th
- Time: 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
- Location: The Plex
- $6 for entrance
- $2.50 for rollerblades
Also sign up now to walk in Wichita Falls to raise money for children's cancer research. The event is September 15th at MSU Sikes Lake.
Opening ceremony is at 9 a.m. with registration starting at 8 a.m.
Ask most little kids what they're afraid of, and you'll likely hear "monsters" or "the dark." But children who are diagnosed with cancer have far more devastating, life-threatening fears. While they should be playing, learning, and enjoying the innocence of youth, these children are thrust into a world of excruciating treatments, sharp needles, never-ending tests and tough questions.
· Nearly 13,500 children & adolescents are diagnosed with cancer each year
· More than 40,000 children undergo cancer treatment each year
· More than 350,000 children's cancer survivors live in the United States
The most powerful weapon to battle childhood cancer is RESEARCH.
· CureSearch for Children's Cancer Walks raise funds for Children's Oncology Group
· Children's Oncology Group treats 90% of U.S. children with cancer, & funds children's clinical trials
For more information go to www.curesearchwalk.org/wichitafalls.