Get your bowl on and start something BIG. It's time for the 3rd annual Bowl For Kids' Sake! Big Brothers Big Sisters (BBBS) of Wichita County is getting ready for its signature fund-raising event and hopes you will be part of this year's fun!
Partnering with Big Brothers Big Sisters through Bowl For Kids' Sake makes a positive, long-lasting impact on children in our community. Whether you start a team, become a corporate sponsor, or make a donation, your efforts ensure more Bigs and Littles can be matched, more friendships can begin and improved outlooks on life can be started.
- WHAT: BBBS signature fund-raising event, Bowl For Kids' Sake
- WHEN: Sunday afternoon, May 20 (Sessions at 1 p.m., 3 p.m. & 5 p.m.)
- WHERE: Village Bowl (4022½ Kemp Boulevard, Wichita Falls)
- Local sponsors underwrite the event, which means 100 percent of the funds raised will directly support matches in our community.
Participants will enjoy life in the fast lane with two free games, free pizza, free drinks and a T-shirt, but they do have to get the ball rolling by raising $500 per team. Bowlers of all levels are encouraged to sign up and even compete in the team theme/costume competition.
- TEAM REGISTRATION: Designated team captains can register at www.bowlforkidssake.org.
- CORPORATE SPONSORSHIPS: Underwriting opportunities for the event are available. Contact Kem Hogue, Regional Executive Director, at (940) 767-2447 or email@example.com.
- COMMUNITY SERVICE: Volunteer opportunities are also available. For more information contact Karilea Collins at firstname.lastname@example.org or (940) 636-9980.
For more than 100 years, BBBS has been helping to develop youth across the country through the power of safe and positive mentoring relationships. The program is based on a classic one-to-one relationship between an adult and child, where new experiences and mutual activities help the "Little" to become more self-confident, do better in school and enjoy time with a new friend in their life. BBBS works to help broaden children's perspectives and help them learn how to make good choices. Join us! Together, we can start a child on the path to fulfilling their potential - and succeeding in school and life.
Children matched with Big Brothers Big Sisters are:
- 52% less likely to skip school
- 46% less likely to start using drugs
- 27% less likely to start drinking
- Less likely to lie to their parents
- More likely to have better relationships with peers