Drivers who pass through Bowie may experience some minor delays in the coming weeks.
- Area Closed: State Highway 59 from Wichita St. to near Mill St.
- Starting Date: Tuesday, June 26
- Length of Time: Through mid-July
- Reason: Resurfacing work
- Once SH 59 resurfacing is complete, work will begin on US 81 from FM 174 to near the new Railroad underpass.
- The resurfacing will be done with a new hot-mix "blacktop" layer. Lane Construction Corporation out of Roanoke, TX was awarded a $969,524 contract for the job.