Neighbor Saves Man From Burning House - KAUZ-TV: Newschannel 6 Now | Wichita Falls, TX

Neighbor Saves Man From Burning House

Newschannel 6 crews were on the scene just after an elderly man was rescued from his burning home. A neighbor pulled 80-year old Raymond Molina from his bed while he was asleep.

Molina's nephew Paul Navarrete told Newschannel 6 what happened, "So I got in the car took it out of my yard got it in the next yard over. Went all the way in that way maybe he could hear and I just honked like crazy. I just kept honking," said Navarrete. "I saw he wasn't waking up. By that time the firemen had gotten here. There knocking down the gate, or whatever, opening it up and this gentlemen, Ruben, went in there and helped get him out."

The fire happened in the 100 block of McLaughlin Street. Wichita Falls fire crews arrived at the home on fire Wednesday right before midnight. Firefighters were still on the scene an hour later able to get the blaze under control.

Our crew was at the scene said the fire could have started in nearby Spudder Park and worked its way into the home's backyard. Witnesses said there were fireworks being shot off in the park before the fire.

Stay with Newschannel 6 as we follow this investigation.

Powered by Frankly