Family Threatened At House Fire

Neglected food caused a single-story house fire Thursday on the 2100 block of Ave. F.

The fire started around noon and was put out about 15 minutes later. A Newschannel 6 crew member said there wasn't a lot of damage on the outside but there was heavy damage on the inside.

Firefighters managed to salvage the house but not before the flames caused $20,000 worth of damage. No one was injured

Assistant Fire Marshal Antoinette Hastings said food that was cooking was neglected which started the fire.

Red cross is assisting the family of two who live there.