This article was originally distributed via PRWeb. PRWeb, WorldNow and this Site make no warranties or representations in connection therewith.
SOURCE: BCG Attorney Search
BCG Attorney Search has released its “State of the Market Report for Fall 2012.” This report includes recent trends in the legal sector and recruiting across the US.
Malibu, CA (PRWEB) September 24, 2012
BCG Attorney Search releases market report on the state of the various legal practice areas.
Malibu, CA - BCG Attorney Search has released its "State of the Market Report for Fall 2012." This report includes recent trends in the legal sector and recruiting across the US.
BCG Attorney Search Top 7 Trends for Fall 2012 by region
"We identified seven main regions throughout the country for our services and we found that the intellectual property legal market was hot across almost every region. Similarly, the corporate law sector was picking up momentum. With few exceptions, the environmental law, tax law, and bankruptcy sectors are slowing across every region." -Harrison Barnes, CEO
1. Northern California - Intellectual property remains a hot sector in the legal market. Patent prosecution picked up over the past six months and corporate hiring remains steady. Litigation remains a competitive market and hiring has slowed in both San Francisco and Silicon Valley.
2. Southern California - There is an increased demand for labor and employment attorneys this fall. IP Litigation and corporate associates are in demand; however, environmental law and tax law have slowed substantially.
3. Northwest - The Seattle market has produced a strong demand for IP and patent prosecution attorneys whereas in Portland the hot areas are litigation, corporate, as well as patent prosecution.
4. Northeast - The increased demand for intellectual property attorneys and corporate attorneys continues.
5. Southwest - Although bankruptcy and corporate law are slow to dead, there is an increase in activity for environmental attorneys. IP, patent litigation, trademark prosecution, and litigation all remain hot areas of practice.
6. Midwest - There is an abundance of hiring activity for attorneys practicing patent prosecution, litigation, and corporate matters.
7. South - Transactional energy associates are heavily in demand in the Houston market and the corporate area continues to pick up. Southern firms have expressed a continued desire to review partner candidates with a portable book of business.
Read the complete STATE OF THE MARKET REPORT at BCG Attorney Search.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/prweb2012/9/prweb9929848.htm