Man And 3 Teens Suspected Of Back-To-Back Robberies

Darrell Rosshawn Lee, 20
Darrell Rosshawn Lee, 20

A young man is behind bars after confessing to committing two back-to-back robberies along with three teens.

Burkburnett police were sent to the 500 block of North Hilltop on October 18 around 11 p.m. for a robbery call. There they found the injured victim. The man told police a young man approached him as he left his vehicle in his driveway, and asked for directions. The victim said a teen girl then walked up and they both assaulted him by throwing him on the ground and kicking him causing trauma to the abdomen and head. They stole his cell phone, jumped in a black SUV and took off. The injured man was later sent to United Regional.

The officers who were investigating the first robbery were sent to the 7-Eleven about 10 minutes later for a fight in progress call. The caller said someone had been robbed there by several people matching the previous robbery suspects' descriptions.

The second victim said he was inside the store about to pay for gas when a young man came up behind him and stole his wallet. When he resisted, the male and female suspect assaulted him, jumped into a black SUV with two other suspects and drove off. This victim, however, got into his pickup and drove after them.

The suspects' vehicle crossed the George Bush Bridge into Oklahoma, and crashed on the east side of I-44. All four suspects got out of the SUV and ran toward the Red River.

Officers found the suspects walking along the shoreline just after midnight. One of the male suspects was identified as 20-year-old Darrell Rosshawn Lee. The other suspects - two teen girls and a teen boy - are underage and not identified.

A short time later, a third victim arrived at Burk Police Department headquarters. He told officers he was also at the 7-Eleven when the robbery happened, and later realized his cell phone had been stolen.

Lee was taken to PD Headquarters where he confessed to two of the robberies. He said he and the other suspects were at the 7-Eleven when they saw the first victim leaving the store, and one of the other suspects came up with a plan to follow that victim in order to rob him. He also admitted to the second robbery at the 7-Eleven.

Lee was charged with two counts of engaging in organized criminal activity/robbery with a bond set for $500,000.