Before you wait in line in the wee small hours of Black Friday, you can take advantage of a new shopping trend by using your smartphone. Smartphone apps can save you money and time with price comparisons, product reviews, and in-store discounts.
Here are a few of the most popular apps you can download to your smartphone or tablet before heading out to the stores on Black Friday:
- Black Friday App by DealNews.com: This popular app lets users browse ads from major retailers, create shopping lists, compare prices and receive store alerts. Available for Apple iOS and Google Android-powered devices.
- Shopkick: This app operates like a rewards program. Shoppers can earn points by walking into stores such as Target, Macy's, Best Buy and Old Navy. Shoppers can redeem points for free coffee at Starbucks and a variety of gift cards. Available for Apple and Android devices.
- The Coupons App: Shoppers can get digital coupons to stores, restaurants and gas stations as well as access to Black Friday deals and shopping tools such as price comparison. Users can text and email coupons to others. Available for Apple and Android devices.
- Black Friday Survival Guide: Users can get leaked ads in real time, check out store circulars and advertisements, search for deals by store or category, and view discounted products. Available for Apple devices.
- Daily Shopper: This app provides a roundup of online deals. Discounts from Target, Wal-Mart, Amazon and Best Buy are featured. Available for Apple devices.
- RedLaser: Scan the barcode of any item or you can manually type the product's name and it will bring up the cheapest prices found online and at stores in your area.
- BradsDeals: Expert and consumer reviews of products.