Whether shopping retail or online, the Better Business Bureau recommends you know your legal rights. U.S. law requires that orders made by mail, phone or online be shipped by the date promised or, if no delivery time was stated, within 30 days. If the goods aren't shipped on time:
1) The shopper can cancel and demand a refund.
2) Consumers also have the right to reject merchandise if it's defective or was misrepresented.
3) Otherwise, it's the company's policies that determine if the shopper can cancel the purchase and receive a refund or credit, so be sure you understand return policies before you buy.
4) Keep track of all your receipts and documentation.
5) Beware of phony emails coming from UPS or FedEx stating there is a problem with the delivery. This is a popular time of year for this phishing scam.