The Electra Police Department has released the identity of the man killed in the RV fire.
Electra Police Chief Johnny Morris identified the victim as 20-year-old Thomas Leon Kelly from Boswell, OK. He was temporarily working as a power transmission lineman.
We've also learned the cause of the Electra RV fire that killed the Chapman Construction employee. Sheriff David Duke said the fire started from an open flame propane torch.
Duke said the pipes were frozen in the shower and the man had turned on the propane torch to thaw the pipes and then went to back to bed. They believe the torch probably fell over in the shower.
The fire happened early Tuesday at an RV park on East Cleveland in Electra.
Electra Police Chief Johnny Morris said the Wichita County Arson Team was at the scene all day Tuesday.
Chief Morris added that an Electra police officer was doing a routine patrol around 6:15 A.M., when he noticed flames. When the officer pulled up, he saw two men trying to get into the RV that was engulfed in flames.
The officer and the two civilians had to break a window to get into the RV, and when they were able to open the door they found Leon inside between the bedroom and doorway.
Chief Morris said, "They removed the body from the trailer and placed it on the ground. They checked for vital signs, and it was apparent that the subject was deceased."
The body was taken to Tarrant County Medical Examiners office where an autopsy will be done.
Chief Morris said Leon worked at Chapman Construction, in Electra. Law enforcement confirmed that he had been living in Electra since October of this year, and is from Boswell, Oklahoma.