Fire Marshal Collins told Newschannel 6 the fire sparked from combustible materials that were too close to an electric heater.
Newschannel 6 was at the scene of the structure fire that broke out around 3:30 on the 1400 block of Harding St. Eight fire units and two police units responded to the scene. They closed both lanes of the street to keep traffic away from the blaze.
Wichita Falls Fire Marshal David Collins said the damage was contained to the back of the house before 7:30 a.m. and no one was injured. Both lanes reopened once the fire was contained.
The fire caused $25,000 in damage.