The FBI is searching for a bank robber known as the "Lone Ranger Bandit" who robbed at least ten banks across three states, including one in Wichita Falls.
Citibank on Fairway Boulevard made the robber's hit list in 2011 when he held up the bank with a hand-gun.
Now the FBI and local police in Texas, Arkansas, and Mississippi are working together to find the armed man dubbed the "Loan Ranger Bandit" for the blue Texas Rangers baseball cap he has worn while robbing banking institutions where loans are offered.
During the robberies, the armed man, who does not attempt to disguise his face, displayed a note demanding 20s, 50s and 100s and received an undisclosed amount of money. To date, no one has been physically harmed.
Here is the description of the "Loan Ranger Bandit":
- Height: Approximately 5'7" to 6'0"
- Weight: Approximately 200 pounds
- Sex: Male
- Build: Medium
- Eyes: Color unknown; wears glasses
- Hair: Short, light brown
- Complexion: Light
- Race: White
- Age: Early 30s
- Remarks: The suspect does not attempt to disguise his face. He is often wearing glasses and wears various hats or a hoodie. His varied clothing styles include: athletic wear, jeans and business attire.
- Scars and Marks: The suspect has a small mole or mark just above his right eye on the lower part of his forehead.
- Vehicle Information: The suspect may drive a maroon Chevrolet S-10 pickup truck that has a thin white pinstripe around the truck bed.
- Weapon Used: Small handgun.
- January 16, 2009 Summit Bank 1114 Highway 35 South Benton, Arkansas
- June 30, 2011 Summit Bank 1114 Highway 35 South Benton, Arkansas
- July 21, 2011 Citibank 3701 Fairway Boulevard Wichita Falls, Texas
- August 31, 2011 Altra Federal Credit Union 5523 Troup Highway Tyler, Texas
- October 4, 2011 Temple Santa Fe Community Credit Union 1750 West Avenue A Temple, Texas
- January 4, 2012 Union State Bank 902 Palm Valley Boulevard Round Rock, Texas
- May 17, 2012 BBVA Compass 6910 South Broadway Ave. Tyler, Texas
- July 9, 2012 First State Bank Central Texas 50 South Main Street Salado, Texas
- August 17, 2012 FedStar Credit Union 701 Harvey Road College Station, Texas
- October 26, 2012 BancorpSouth Bank 2174 Main Street Madison, Mississippi