Wichita County Heritage Society (WCHS) will presents the 13th Annual Provenance Historic Homes Tour Saturday. Tours run from 10 a.m. - 3 p.m. Beautiful properties more than 80 years old will be highlighted that exemplify adaptive reuse in Wichita Falls.
The Wichita County Heritage Society unveils its Thirteenth Annual Historic Homes Tour with a focus on adaptive reuse. You will be able to see and tour these beautiful houses and businesses built over 80 years ago with a variety of captivating architectural styles. This is a great opportunity to see the history of Wichita Falls and support the preservation, restoration, and display of historic landmarks of Wichita County.
Homes on the 2013 Tour:
- HARRISON HOUSE: Built in 1920, the historic Harrison House Bed & Breakfast located on 2014 11th Street will be featured on the tour.
- GRAPHICS II BUILDING: Also known as the Graphics II building, the property on 1100 Travis, built in 1895 is sure to provide inspiration.
- ANDERSON HOUSE: The Anderson house on 912 Burnett was built in 1907.
- AUSTIN SCHOOL LOFTS: The year 1919 is represented by the Austin School Lofts on 1309 13th Street, and a remarkable example of adaptive reuse.
- WEEKS MANSION: The Weeks Mansion located at 2112 Kell has seen many different uses throughout its 89 years and is not to be missed.
- KELL HOUSE: The historic Kell House, built in 1909 will surely charm visitors with its historic detail. Remarkably, three of the properties on tour are signified with a Texas Historic Marker.
As there is ample parking available at each tour location the trolley will not run this year. Further historical and architectural details will be outlined in the Tour Book.
$25 per person call - 940.723.0623
900 Bluff, Wichita Falls, TX 76301