With the recent hail storm and severe weather, there are some area residents in need of several services. The Better Business Bureau has been on the phones, non-stop, advising consumers about a variety of contractors for; home/roof repair, fence repair and vehicle damage. The BBB is here to give some information on checking out potential contractors.
What should consumers consider:
- Does the door to door solicitor have a solicitation permit from the city?Have you verified the permit with the city?
- Is the contractor licensed/insured and have you verified the license/policy?
- Have you obtained 3 estimates for the work to be done?
- Does the contractor have references and have you checked them?
- Are verbal promises by the contractor in writing on the contract?