General description of exhibit and project
• Thanks to a grant from the Priddy Foundation, the outside of the Museum of North Texas
History will have a new look.
• We are holding an art contest from which 3 paintings will be selected to be digitally
reproduced to approx. 10' x 15' in size and then installed on the front of the building.
• Paintings are supposed to reflect some aspect of history of the North Texas area.
• All the entries in the art contest will be on display in the Museum's main exhibit hall.
• The large scale works will be installed on the building by August 17.
Details about the exhibit
• Name of exhibit is "Our History in Art"
• There are 46 paintings from 21 artists in the exhibit.
• Subjects include landscapes, wildlife, livestock, oil & gas, architecture, street scenes,
agriculture, cowboys, music, and more.
• All paintings are for sale. Prices have been set by the artists.
• Exhibit will be open to the public on June 15.
• The exhibit will run through August 17.
• There will be a gala opening party on June 14.
• Time: 6:30 - 8:30 pm
• Heavy hors d'oeuvres, beer & wine
• Cost: $50 per person
• In addition to the announcement of the 3 winners of the art contest, there will a "people's
choice" award chosen by those in attendance.
• RSVP by June 7.