Celebrate Freedom is an event to honor our military. The evening will include presentation of the colors by a Buffalo Soldiers color guard, greetings from Lawton Mayor Fred Fitch and other distinguished guests, video tributes and testimonies.
The event is co-directed by Mike Neff at Lawton First Baptist Church, Steve Holt at Cameron Baptist, Harry Ross at Lawton First Baptist East and Doug Snook at Lawton First Baptist West.
It is hoped that this will be the first in what will become an annual event to express the deep gratitude that the Lawton-Fort Sill community has for all who are serving or have served our country through our military.
- Concert honoring our military, past and present
- Presented by churches in the Comanche-Cotton Baptist Association
- Thursday, June 27, 7 p.m., McMahon Auditorium, 801 NW Ferris Avenue.
- Admission is free.
- Featuring a 250+ voice choir, accompanied by a full orchestra of local professional musicians.
- Patriotic favorites including: "God Bless America," "You're A Grand Old Flag," "The Stars and Stripes Forever," "America the Beautiful," "The Star Spangled Banner," "Salute to the Armed Forces," and a brass and percussion performance of "Fanfare for the Common Man," by Aaron Copland.