If you love to ride horses and want to honor veterans, a Nocona couple would like you to join them in the Riders for Wounded Warriors Project.
They started it last summer. The Montague County Veterans Outreach Agent presented them with the idea, and they agreed to start the club. Now, O.M. and Rose Marie Molsbee participate in a number of parades to show their respect for our military members.
The Nocona VFW Post 8558 Riding Club consists of people of all ages, military and civilians, western and english riders. All you have to do is show up at one of their designated events with your horse, long sleeved white shirt and blue jeans. There is no cost for members.
Here's where you can find them:
- Boomtown Rodeo Parade July 27 at 3 p.m.
- St. Jo Rodeo Parade August 3 at 5 p.m.
- Forestburg Watermelon Festival and Rodeo Parade August 10 at 10 a.m.
- Ardmore, Ok September 16, 17
- Healdton, Ok September 30, 31
- Decatur, Tx September 12, 13, 14
- Pioneer Reunion Parades September 19/ 4 p.m., 20 & 21 10 a.m. both days