AC Unit Sets House on Fire - KAUZ-TV: Newschannel 6 Now | Wichita Falls, TX

AC Unit Sets House on Fire

Posted: Updated:

A Wichita Falls home is severely damaged after an air conditioning unit on the back of the house caught fire. It happened shortly after 8 PM on Tuesday, on the 2000 block of Huff Ave.

The home owner tells Newschannel 6, he was sitting on the front porch when he started to smell smoke. He ran inside to grab his car keys, and within minutes the home was ablaze.

Units with the Wichita Falls Fire Department responded to the scene. No word yet on how much damage was caused.

  • News HeadlinesNews HeadlinesMore>>

  • SKYWARN 6 FORECAST

    A Few More Storms Overnight

    Windy and Warm

    Wednesday, April 23 2014 11:40 PM EDT2014-04-24 03:40:51 GMT
    Cooler and Breezy Thursday
    Storms possible overnight
  • Abundance Of Animals Seized In Wichita Falls

    Abundance Of Animals Seized In Wichita Falls

    Wednesday, April 23 2014 11:34 PM EDT2014-04-24 03:34:27 GMT
    The City of Wichita Falls Animal Services obtain over 50 dogs and cats from a man’s home in Wichita Falls. 
    The City of Wichita Falls Animal Services obtain over 50 dogs and cats from a man’s home in Wichita Falls. 
  • Color Run to Benefit Faith Ministries

    Color Run to Benefit Faith Ministries

    Wednesday, April 23 2014 10:43 PM EDT2014-04-24 02:43:44 GMT
    Midwestern State University students and the Wichita Falls community came together to help a local charity Wednesday evening. 
    Midwestern State University students and the Wichita Falls community came together to help a local charity Wednesday evening.