Mark your calendars for the following upcoming events through Hispanic Heritage month September 15th through October 15th.
1. Saturday, Sept. 7th Fiestas Patrias Parade Floats or vehicles must be on the corner of 5th and Indiana St by 9 a.m. Please call (940)766-2735 to register your float or vehicle to participate in the parade. Absolutely free and tons of fun!
2. Thursday, Sept. 12th Wichita Falls Chamber Business Expo There will be a special booth promoting Hispanic Heritage month. Zavala and Telemundo Texoma are honored with the opportunity to share our Hispanic culture. For more information on the Chamber Business Expo please contact Yvonne Milner at 940-723-2714.
3. Friday, Sept. 13th Hispanic Heritage Luncheon at the Sheppard AFB Club. 12 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. $9 for members, $10 for non-members. Contact your group POC or call (940) 676-6023 to RSVP.
4. Saturday, Sept. 14th The Jamaica Festival at the Our Lady of Guadalupe church grounds from noon to 11 p.m. Featured entertainment will be presented from 5 p.m. through 8 p.m. Their famous gorditas are to die for! Tanya de Jesus and Alicia Perez will be emceeing the event from 5 p.m. through 8 p.m. Come out and join them! For more information on sponsorships or booth spaces, call (940)766-2735.
5. Saturday, October 5th CalleOcho Latin Festival presented by Zavala Heritage and Telemundo Texoma in the Farmers Market area. Beginning with a Dia De Los Muertos Fun Run/Walk , followed by a 3 hour Zumbathon and for the rest of the day the actual CalleOcho Festival will take place with great food, local vendors, and outstanding entertainment for the entire family and much, much more! Booth & sponsorship opportunities available, for more information, call Roger Palma at (940)636-6778.