On November 1, Project Jody will host a Veteran Stand Down for homeless veterans or those in need.
It will be at the American Legion Post 202, 1101 E. Scott, from 7 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
The event is free. The following services will be provided:
- Meals (breakfast & lunch)
- Shelter Assistance
- Housing Assistance
- Veterans Benefit Assistance
- Employment Assistance
Free transportation will be provided for veterans at these locations:
- Bus transfer station departing at 7 a.m.
- Pick ups at Salvation Army & Faith Mission
- Drop off point at American Legion Post 202
Before the Stand Down event, there will be a benefit Fun Run on Saturday, September 21. It will be at the American Legion Post 202, 1101 E. Scott St.
Registration starts at 9:30 a.m., the first bike will leave at 10 a.m.
All riders are welcome. It is $15 single, $20 double. Cages welcome at the same price.