An second level apartment of a home caught fire this evening.
The call came in around 7:30 p.m. for a house located on 13th street.
There was no one in the upstairs portion of the home, but an elderly man was in the first floor of the home. Fire fighters had to remove the man, who was bed ridden. He was not injured in the fire. Authorities believe the cause of the fire was electrical. There is extensive damage to the apartment unit, and the investigation is still ongoing. Stay with six and we'll update you as more information becomes available.