Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact email@example.com.
SOURCE Land Rover
- RACE THE SUN tells a highly suspenseful, original story through an interactive film that features competitive gaming functionality
- Project aligns with the adventure and high-performance elements of Land Rover's DNA
- RACE THE SUN is a key component of the Range Rover Sport marketing campaign, "Driven to Another Level"
MAHWAH, N.J., Oct. 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, Land Rover is releasing RACE THE SUN, an interactive digital experience that supports the recent launch of the all-new 2014 Range Rover Sport, the brand's fastest, most responsive and agile vehicle ever produced.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click: http://www.multivu.com/mnr/63906-land-rover-launches-new-interactive-digital-experience-race-the-sun
RACE THE SUN tells a highly suspenseful, original story through an interactive film integrated with competitive gaming functionality. Viewers are drawn into a mysterious and high intensity race across wilderness and asphalt, as they drive the new 2014 Range Rover Sport toward the setting sun and are challenged to keep up with the driver and the vehicle. Viewers can choose how they want to engage with the film by either syncing their smartphones; turning it into a game controller and second screen experience, or by using their computer keyboard. Viewers can also have the full experience by using their tablets.
"We developed RACE THE SUN to be a unique, engaging way for current and future customers to interact with the new Range Rover Sport," said Kim McCullough, Brand Vice President, Land Rover North America. "With three gaming elements, a simple configurator and 360 degree views of the interior and exterior of the vehicle, RACE THE SUN will provide an immersive new experience of the Range Rover Sport."
Using cutting edge WebSocket technology, viewers can sync their smart phone to the film as it plays, enabling them to view the footage and experience the game on their device in real time. Viewers will be able to tilt, tap and swipe their touchscreens to match the maneuvers of the Range Rover Sport in three distinct gaming experiences that play out in tandem to the dramatic storyline: as the Range Rover Sport keeps driving, viewers come along for the ride, unsure of how their journey will end.
RACE THE SUN, which also features a 360 degree interior and exterior experience of the Range Rover Sport, was developed by Y&R NYC and Wunderman NY, and directed by the highly acclaimed Danté Ariola. The project also showcases the work of award-winning Stink Digital. Land Rover is currently teasing an abridged version of the game through a series of major homepage takeovers, including ESPN and The New York Times, and will also engage in a YouTube takeover on October 17.
RACE THE SUN is one component of "Driven to Another Level," the marketing campaign launched by the brand last month to support the release of the 2014 Range Rover Sport. The campaign highlights key elements of the vehicle's DNA - its unparalleled on- and off-road capabilities – as well as those of its target consumer, individuals who are driven to go beyond the limits in their everyday lives.
The all-new 2014 Range Rover Sport is Land Rover's fastest, most responsive and agile car to ever hit the market. Its capabilities for on and off-road terrain are unlike any other car of its kind, and provides drivers with the ideal balance of sport and luxury. The technologically advanced Range Rover Sport presents an assertive and muscular exterior, luxurious interior and the practical flexibility provided by the option of 5+2 third row seating. The all-new 2014 Range Rover Sport is available in three models: SE, HSE and Supercharged and starts at $63,495*.
*Price shown is MSRP. Includes destination. Excludes, tax, title, license, retailer fees and optional equipment. Retailer price, terms and vehicle availability may vary. See your local authorized Land Rover Retailer for details.
About Land Rover
Land Rover, the British maker of Land Rover and Range Rover sport utility vehicles, is renowned for providing its clientele with some of the most luxurious and capable vehicles in the world. Every Land Rover vehicle is equally at home both on and off road, and in any setting; be it in the heart of the city, or traversing the countryside. Today's Land Rover lineup includes the legendary Defender, LR2 (Freelander 2), LR4 (Discovery 4), Range Rover Sport, Range Rover and Range Rover Evoque. Land Rover designs, engineers, and manufactures their vehicles in the United Kingdom. Land Rover is fully engaged with sustainability initiatives and social concerns with continuous involvement in environmental and community programs. For more information visit the official Land Rover website at http://www.landroverusa.com.
About Jaguar Land Rover
• The United States is one of the leading global markets for both Jaguar and Land Rover
• Jaguar Land Rover employs 25 000 people and sells vehicles in 170 countries around the world
• Jaguar Land Rover has two state of the art engineering and design facilities and three advanced manufacturing plants in the UK
• In the 2012/13 fiscal year, Jaguar Land Rover has reported revenues of $23.8 billion, up 17% year on year ($20.4 billion last year)
• Jaguar Land Rover has test facilities across the USA in the following states: California, Georgia, Illinois, Maryland, Minnesota, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, and Washington D.C.
• Headquartered in Mahwah, New Jersey in the United States, Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC has offices across the USA and Canada. Jaguar Land Rover has offices in the following locations: California, Georgia, Illinois, Maryland, Minnesota, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, and Washington D.C.
• Jaguar Land Rover is represented by more than 330 independently operated retail outlets in the USA
©2012 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.