AC Unit Catches Fire At Barwise Jr. H.S. - KAUZ-TV: Newschannel 6 Now | Wichita Falls, TX

AC Unit Catches Fire At Barwise Jr. H.S.

Posted: Updated:

Wichita Falls Firefighters put out a fire that started inside an air conditioning unit on the roof of Barwise Junior High School Thursday morning.

They said it was a malfunction in the rooftop A.C. unit, but they don't know the specific cause.

It caught fire around 7:25 a.m. and was put out shortly after.  Wichita Falls I.S.D. officials told Newschannel 6 the unit is above the library. The library is in a separate wing from most of the classrooms.

Students are being held in the auditorium while the fire chief evaluates the inside of the building. Officials do not think this will interrupt the school day.

At this time there is still no damage estimate.

Stay with Newschannel 6 as we follow this story.

 

 

 

  • News HeadlinesNews HeadlinesMore>>

  • SKYWARN 6 FORECAST

    A Few More Storms Overnight

    Windy and Warm

    Wednesday, April 23 2014 11:40 PM EDT2014-04-24 03:40:51 GMT
    Cooler and Breezy Thursday
    Storms possible overnight
  • Abundance Of Animals Seized In Wichita Falls

    Abundance Of Animals Seized In Wichita Falls

    Wednesday, April 23 2014 11:34 PM EDT2014-04-24 03:34:27 GMT
    The City of Wichita Falls Animal Services obtain over 50 dogs and cats from a man’s home in Wichita Falls. 
    The City of Wichita Falls Animal Services obtain over 50 dogs and cats from a man’s home in Wichita Falls. 
  • Color Run to Benefit Faith Ministries

    Color Run to Benefit Faith Ministries

    Wednesday, April 23 2014 10:43 PM EDT2014-04-24 02:43:44 GMT
    Midwestern State University students and the Wichita Falls community came together to help a local charity Wednesday evening. 
    Midwestern State University students and the Wichita Falls community came together to help a local charity Wednesday evening.