AC Unit Catches Fire At Barwise Jr. H.S. - KAUZ-TV: Newschannel 6 Now | Wichita Falls, TX

AC Unit Catches Fire At Barwise Jr. H.S.

Posted: Updated:

Wichita Falls Firefighters put out a fire that started inside an air conditioning unit on the roof of Barwise Junior High School Thursday morning.

They said it was a malfunction in the rooftop A.C. unit, but they don't know the specific cause.

It caught fire around 7:25 a.m. and was put out shortly after.  Wichita Falls I.S.D. officials told Newschannel 6 the unit is above the library. The library is in a separate wing from most of the classrooms.

Students are being held in the auditorium while the fire chief evaluates the inside of the building. Officials do not think this will interrupt the school day.

At this time there is still no damage estimate.

Stay with Newschannel 6 as we follow this story.