Stage 3 Drought Contingency Plan
Dean Dale SUD has moved to Stage 3 of their Contingency Plan, which means, according to our contract, that the City of Byers must also move to Stage 3. Please see below for the list of restrictions.
Stage 3: Drought Emergency
1. Mail notification describing the drought conditions to each water account. It shall be unlawful for any person, firm, corporation or entity to:
a. Run outside irrigation systems including sprinklers, automatic sprinkler systems, soaker hoses and the filling of swimming pools. THE ONLY OUTSIDE WATERING IS TO BE DONE WITH A HAND HELD HOSE WITH A SHUT OFF NOZZLE AND ONLY ON TUESDAY.
b. Run any type of outside watering on any day of the week between 11:00a.m. and 6:00p.m.
c. Wash any motor vehicle at any location other than a commercial car wash, car dealership, detail shop, or automotive shop.
d. Conduct fund raising car washes during the time of the drought warning.
e. Wash sidewalks, driveways or concrete slabs unless an immediate heath of safety risk present.
2. All leaks in the water system will be repaired immediately, without waiting for the most cost effective time.
3. Non-essential operations uses of water by field employees should be suspended (for example: the flushing of water mains and fire hydrants.
4. Notify wholesale customers of the situation and ask each to adopt similar reduction goals for their systems in accordance with their individual contracts with the City of Byers. Pro rata curtailment by wholesale customers will be based upon their contractual limits as provided in the Texas Water Code.
5. Any person, firm corporation or entity watering during the restricted time will be given one warning prior to a $100.00 fine. The meter will be immediately locked and the payment will be required in the office in full in order to have the meter unlocked. Each and every day of violation shall constitute a separate offence.
**REMEMBER, NO SPRINKLERS, NO SOAKER OR DRIP HOSES AND NO FILLING SWIMMING POOLS**