Stage 2 Water Restrictions
The City of Newcastle has enacted Stage 2 water use restrictions. Lake levels have fallen below 55% full. Lake Graham and Lake Eddieman are slightly more than 11 feet below full elevation.
Stage 2 water restrictions are enacted in accordance with the Water Conservation and drought Contingency Plan adopted by Fort Belknap Water Supply Corporation and the City of Newcastle.
Restrictions apply to all customers and requires a voluntary reduction of 15% for all water use. We are also requesting all non-essential or discretionary water use be discontinued.
Stage 2 restrictions include mandatory outside watering restrictions:
1. Outside watering is limited to twice per week and only between the hours of 12:00a.m. until 10:00a.m. and 8:00p.m. until 12:00a.m. on designated days only.
2. Addresses ending in even numbers may water only on Thursday and Sunday. Addresses ending in odd numbers may water only on Wednesday and Saturday.
3. All restaurants are prohibited from serving water, except when requested.
The following uses are defined as non-essential and are prohibited:
1. Washing down of any sidewalk, parking lot, or other hard-surfaced area or building.
2. Permitting water to run or accumulate in any gutter or street/roadway
3. Failure to repair a controllable leak
4. Washing of any motor vehicle, motorcycle, boat, trailer, etc. except on designated washing days.