Stage 3 Water Restrictions
Current levels in Greenbelt Lake have warranted the Greenbelt Municipal and Industrial Water Authority to place its customers under Mandatory Water Rationing. Therefore, the City of Quanah is implementing a water use curtailment order in accordance with Stage 3 of its Drought Contingency Plan.
The following Water Use Restrictions are in effect immediately and will remain in effect until further notice:
1. Water customers are requested to practice water conservation and to discontinue water use for non-essential purposes.
2. Outside watering utilizes sprinklers or irrigation systems will only be allowed on designated days.
3. Customers with even numbered addresses may water lawns and shrubs on Mondays and Saturdays only.
4. Customers with odd numbered addresses may water lawns and shrubs on Tuesdays and Sundays only.
5. All outdoor watering by hose-end sprinklers, soaker hoses, or drip irrigation may occur only between the hours of 7:00p.m. to 10:00a.m. on the designated outdoor water use day.
6. If you have a water well, locate a sign in your front yard for notification.
7. Water from leaks should be reported to the City immediately if one is found.
8. No commercial water will be purchased at the Fire Station.
9. No charity car washes are permitted.
All Non-Essential Water Use Is Prohibited
Non-essential water use: water uses that are not essential or required for the protection of public health, safety, and welfare, including:
1. Use of water to wash down any sidewalks, walkways, driveways, parking lots, tennis courts, or other hard surfaced areas.
2. Use of water to wash down any buildings or structures for purposes other than immediate fire protection.
3. Flushing gutters or permitting water to run or accumulate in any gutter or street,
4. Failure to repair a controllable leak within 24 hours after having been given notice directing the repair of such leak.