New Smoke-free Restaurant In Texoma - KAUZ-TV: Newschannel 6 Now | Wichita Falls, TX

New Smoke-free Restaurant In Texoma

A Wichita Falls restaurant will soon be going smoke-free.

Buffalo Wild Wings known for sports, beer and wings will no longer allow its customers to smoke inside.

Alex Yu, a student at Midwestern State University, said he dines in at Bdubs at least once a week, but the one thing he doesn't like, "people that smoke in the restaurant."

However, that will change effective May 1st.  No smoking will be allowed at its franchise located on Midwestern Parkway.

Newschannel 6 reached out to Wichita Falls – Wichita County Public Health District about the restaurants new policy.

“It’s absolutely very exciting. We were excited when CVS decided not to sell tobacco products in their store and we're even more excited that one of our local restaurants has made the decision to go entirely smoke free,” said Lou Kriedler, Director of Health.

She said while they were not behind the business decision to go smoke-free this time, its office has reached out to business in the past through its transforming Texas grant.

"They weren't interested at that point. So we're really excited the owners have decided to protect not only the health of the employees but the health of the patrons that visit the facility,” said Kriedler.

While the restaurant is implementing the new policy itself, management is still concerned how it may affect its business.

Everyone Newschannel 6 talked to seem to be in favor of the change.

Monica Otarola, a MSU student said, “I think it would be a good idea because a lot of families go there, to watch a game or something because they don't have it on their TV.">

"I’m all for it. I am a smoker and at the same time I don't want to take my family there or my kids there,” said Brannon Luscombe, a smoker.

“It takes two minutes to go outside and have a smoke. It's not that big of a deal."

Brannon said he would even go a step further. Making sure everyone's health is put first.

"I think Texas should adopt a bill where you can't smoke inside any building at all, just for everyone's health and safety as a community,” said Brannon.

Jimmie Johnson, Newschannel 6 
Powered by Frankly