Fire Sparked in Dog House Sets Home Ablaze - KAUZ-TV: Newschannel 6 Now | Wichita Falls, TX

Fire Sparked in Dog House Sets Home Ablaze

Fire crews fought a fire that blazed in a home Thursday afternoon.

Around 1:45 p.m. fire crews from Friberg-Cooper, Cameron Gardens, Wichita East, Wichita Falls, and the Wichita County Sheriff's Office responded to a fire located in the 600 block of Pecanway Drive.

The fire started when a 100 watt bulb that was installed in a dog house made contact with the hay that was inside. The contact between the two sparked a fire that made its way from the dog house to the main home.

The fire caused an estimated $30,000 in damage, no one was injured.



Powered by Frankly