Iowa Park, Texas - The city of Iowa Park is moving to stage two drought restrictions.
Residents in Iowa Park are now under the same rules as residents in Wichita Falls, except Iowa Park residents will now be allowed to wash their cars at home.
All potable water customers of the City of Iowa Park are limited to one day per week for the irrigation of any and all landscaped areas as follows:
- Water customers south of Loop 370/Old Iowa Park Highway are allowed to irrigate landscaped areas on Mondays only.
- Water customers north of Loop 370/Old Iowa Park Highway but south of U.S.
Highway 287 North are allowed to irrigate landscaped areas on Wednesday s only.
-Water customers north of U.S. Highway 287 North are allowed to irrigate
landscaped areas on Fridays only.
- It shall be unlawful for any person, firm, corporation or other entity to utilize spray
irrigation between the hours of 11:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.
- Landscape watering is permitted any day at any time with a hand-held hose, soaker-
hose, bucket (five gallons or less), watering can, bubbler or drip irrigation system. Hand
watering must have an attachment with a shutoff nozzle.
- On days other than the day of the week permitted to water, testing and troubleshooting of irrigation systems that involve the release of water is permissible at any time, including between the hours of 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., as long as a licensed plumber or irrigator is present on location during testing.
The washing of vehicles, driveways, patios and sidewalks is permitted any day at any