Texas Workforce Commission Offers Disaster Unemployment Aid

Texas - Residents of Montague and Wichita Counties who lost their jobs or are self-employed and have been unable to work due to flooding can apply for disaster unemployment aid.

Residents have until July 8th to file an application with the Texas Workforce Commission. Residents must include their social security number, a copy of their most recent tax return or check stubs and documentation that you were working when disaster struck.

Residents should send documentation to: Texas Workforce Commission, UI Support Services Department, Attn: DUA, 101 E. 15th St., Room 354, Austin, TX, 78778-0001, or fax it to 512-936-3250.

Job seekers may visit Texas workforce centers for access to job-search resources, job postings and training programs, as well as assistance with exploring career options, resume and application preparation, career development and more.

Customers may also connect with potential employers through TWC's online job-search