In today's connected world, passwords are clearly necessary. Passwords are multiplying and are not going away any time soon.
You need to take this seriously, securing your information is important.
So what is a secure or strong password?
· It may sound cliché, but your password has to be strong or there is no point in it. There are plenty of articles and viewpoints out there about how complex passwords must be, but you should always have a minimum of at least eight characters.
· It should not be a dictionary word (in English or any other language).
· It should include both uppercase and lowercase letters and a special character or two.
· A passphrase is a great approach as well, as long as it is not common.
· Passwords like 123123, letmein, birthdays, sports, names, even password1 are no good. It is like having a key with no ridges.