Web Producer (KAUZ)
The purpose of this job is to enhance station viewership and increase
website traffic by living our news brand on our website and by creating a positive view of our product on social media sites. The Web Producer will be under the supervision of the News Director.
- create, post, and manage news content on website, social media sites and work closely with News personnel who do the same.
- manage on-news content on the website (e.g. sales, community events, and promotions).
- examine all aspects of the website for errors and correct them.
- perform routine maintenance on the website.
(e.g. maintain video storage limits and archive or delete old content)
- train other members of the staff on the operation of the website and social media sites.
- assist the News department as needed by answering phones, listening to scanners, and contributing to the overall news product
- Bachelor's degree in Broadcast Journalism, Web Design, or equivalent.
- have an understanding of legal issues involving broadcast journalism including but not limited to: privacy, libel, misrepresentation, and linkage of words and pictures.
- be able to correctly use the English language and edit the work of others.
- be a hands-on leader.
- be highly creative and be able to create and implement successful new ideas to draw viewers to our media products and enhance the viewing experience.
- be able to work in a noisy newsroom.
- be able to type on a computer and look at a computer monitor for an entire work shift.
All job candidates are subject to background check prior to employment. When operating a company vehicle is a requirement of the job, employment is contingent on having and maintaining a clean driving record acceptable to the company’s insurance company. The company may modify any of the provisions of this job description and its essential functions at any time
Please send resume to: KAUZ-TV Attn: General Manager P.O. Box 2130 Wichita Falls, TX 76307 or by email to: email@example.com. KAUZ-TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer