BBB wants to alert consumers to the secrets of the seminar squeeze. Many seminar presenters will promote self-improvement or home-based businesses(including real estate buying and selling). Many consumers find the pay-off isn't as promised and they can't recoup their costs.
Be wary of promotional materials or sales pitches that claim:
· You can earn big money fast
· The opportunity is offered for a short time
· The deal is a "sure thing" that will deliver for years
· You'll reap money working part time or at home
· You'll be coached each step of the way to success
· The program worked miraculously for others
Here are tips to avoid getting hit by the seminar pitch:
· Don't be rushed into buying anything at a seminar. Investigate the business-Check with experts and BBB before spending your money.
· Be cautious about purchasing from anyone who is reluctant to answer questions
· Ask for the company's refund policy.Get this in writing.