One Person Dead After House Fire On McGregor Street

One Person Dead After House Fire On McGregor Street

A Wichita Falls man died following a house fire on McGregor Street Tuesday night.

The Wichita Falls Fire Department responded to a home in the 1600 Block of McGregor around 9:30 p.m. Tuesday night.

The WFFD says 65-year-old J.P. Pierson was smoking in bed when the fire started. He called 9-1-1. When crews arrived, they found him unconscious in the bedroom. He was the only person in the house. Pierson was taken to United Regional where he died around 5:00 a.m. Wednesday.

A firefighter was also taken to United Regional for minor burns. The firefighter has been treated and released from the hospital.

The fire caused about $20,000 dollars in damage to the home. About $15,000 of that total was damage to the structure of the building and the other $5,000 dollars worth of damage was to contents in the home.