There have been several reports of coyote sightings in the Wichita Falls city limits.
Old Iowa Park Road, near Midwestern State University, along Southwest Parkway, and in the Country Club Area.
Here are some tips recommended by Animal Services to keep coyotes away:
1) Do not feed them. They need to remain wild and not dependent on people for food.
2) Eliminate any food or water sources from your yard or property.
3) Bird feeders should be placed up high. Coyotes can be attracted by bread, table scraps or even seeds. Birds and rodents may also attract them.
4) Place all trash and garbage in secure containers.
5) Feed your pets inside. Do not leave any food sources outside. Pick up any leftover food. Store pet and livestock feed in inaccessible containers.
6) Trim any shrubbery which may provide cover or a hiding spot. This is especially important at ground level.
7) Maintain secure fencing around your yard. A tall fence along with a barrier at the bottom to keep coyotes from jumping over or digging under is ideal. Coyote rollers can also be placed on the outside of fences to keep coyotes from jumping into yards.