Arrest made in homicide investigation - Newschannel 6 Now | Wichita Falls, TX

Arrest made in homicide investigation

Source: KAUZ Source: KAUZ
WICHITA FALLS, TX -

UPDATE: 

Friday at approximately 4:20 pm on Pennsylvania Ave officers with the Wichita Falls Police Department arrested 66-year-old Robert Fleeks on a Murder warrant in connection with the recent murder of 30-year-old Helen Fletcher.

Fleeks was transported to the Wichita County jail without incident. His bond was set at $500,000.

On June 16th at approximately 7:00 am WFPD officers responded to the 100 block of Lee in reference to a deceased female.  

The WFPD Crimes against Person unit responded and began to investigate.  It was discovered that Fletcher had suffered a gunshot wound.

=================

Law enforcement officials say 30-year-old Helen Fletcher - a Wichita Falls resident - died of a gunshot wound. Police say she was shot at 1402 2nd Street, at 2nd and Michigan. They say they believe that after she was shot, she walked across the street to the Community Healthcare Center parking lot where she collapsed and died. 

An off-duty police officer found Fletcher's body a little before 7 a.m. in the parking lot at the Community Healthcare Center on the 200th block of Martin Luther King Boulevard. 

Detectives spent today gathering evidence at both the Community Center and the residence at 1402 2nd Street. 

Law enforcement officials say they are still interviewing people and do not yet have anyone in custody.

Copyright 2016 KAUZ News All Rights Reserved  

  • News HeadlinesNewsMore>>

  • Mom shares warning after teen with peanut allergy dies after eating Chips Ahoy cookie

    Mom shares warning after teen with peanut allergy dies after eating Chips Ahoy cookie

    Tuesday, July 17 2018 6:37 PM EDT2018-07-17 22:37:37 GMT
    Tuesday, July 17 2018 6:37 PM EDT2018-07-17 22:37:37 GMT
    Alexi Stafford died after an allergic reaction to peanuts from a cookie she ate. (Source: GoFundMe)Alexi Stafford died after an allergic reaction to peanuts from a cookie she ate. (Source: GoFundMe)

    Alexi Stafford died after an allergic reaction to peanuts from a cookie she ate.

    Alexi Stafford died after an allergic reaction to peanuts from a cookie she ate.

  • Tinder is testing using Bitmoji in messages

    Tinder is testing using Bitmoji in messages

    Tuesday, July 17 2018 5:52 PM EDT2018-07-17 21:52:38 GMT
    Tuesday, July 17 2018 6:17 PM EDT2018-07-17 22:17:18 GMT

    Users in the test markets will be able to send their Bitmoji in conversations with their matches.

    Users in the test markets will be able to send their Bitmoji in conversations with their matches.

  • WF to put restrictions on temporary storage units

    WF to put restrictions on temporary storage units

    Tuesday, July 17 2018 6:14 PM EDT2018-07-17 22:14:10 GMT
    PODS like the one in the picture above will not be allowed to be in front of a Wichita Falls house for more than 60 days. (Source: KAUZ)PODS like the one in the picture above will not be allowed to be in front of a Wichita Falls house for more than 60 days. (Source: KAUZ)
    PODS like the one in the picture above will not be allowed to be in front of a Wichita Falls house for more than 60 days. (Source: KAUZ)PODS like the one in the picture above will not be allowed to be in front of a Wichita Falls house for more than 60 days. (Source: KAUZ)

    If you have a temporary storage unit like a POD at your house and live in Wichita Falls, pretty soon there will be a restriction on how long you can have it.

    If you have a temporary storage unit like a POD at your house and live in Wichita Falls, pretty soon there will be a restriction on how long you can have it.

Powered by Frankly